BioEdit is an easy-to-use biological sequence alignment editor. This free software is intended to supply a single program that can handle most simple sequence and alignment editing and manipulation functions that researchers are likely to do on a daily basis, as well as a few basic sequences analyses.
With BioEdit you will access to a variety of useful tools:
- Manual alignment.
- In-color alignment and editing.
- Plasmid drawing interface for automated creation of plasmid vector graphic. This tools will allow you to create boxes ans arrows and highlight restriction sites on your plasmid vector graphic.
- Group sequences into groups or families.
- Sort sequences by residue frequency in a selected column.
- Merge alignments through a reference sequence.
- Phylogenetic tree viewer.
- Verbally read back sequences in single sequence editor to verify hand-typed sequence entries.
- Easy customization of menu shortcuts for editor window
- RNA comparative analysis.
- Amino acid and nucleotide composition analyses and plots
- Align protein-encoding nucleic acid sequences through amino acid translation.
- ClustalW multiple sequence alignment
To download this free tool and the .pdf manual – visit here